Butter’s StoryMarch 25, 2017
Food Group FAQ – ProteinMarch 30, 2017
I have been making this recipe for years and absolutely love it. It’s a three step recipe and each layer is made separately but they come together in a magical way. There’s something special about eating fresh spinach that’s been heated just a tad by the spaghetti.
I wish I could take credit for this recipe but I definitely picked it up from somewhere or someone. If you have seen this recipe online before and have a link, please let me know and I will definitely credit the mastermind behind it.
Alright, enough talking, more cooking:
- One serving spaghetti and water to boil (could use other pastas)
- One tilapia fillet
- 2 cups spinach
- Juice from whole lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Lemon pepper and salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Put water on high heat for spaghetti (follow instructions on box to cook)
- While the water is boiling season tilpia with 1 tsp olive oil, 2/3 of the lemon juice, garlic, lemon pepper, and salt. Rub seasoning in if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty
- Bake for 15 minutes
- While it is baking prepare the spinach by tossing in remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper and create a layer on serving plate
- Once spaghetti has cooked layer over spinach and season with salt and pepper (if desired)
- Finish with tilapia fillet and ALL the juices
I hope you guys like it!
*sahtain is the Arabic ‘bon appetit’, it literally translates into ‘may you have double the health’ but generally means ‘enjoy your meal’.