The Feed Yourself series is dedicated to individuals that cook just for their selves. This goes out to everyone that finds them self wanting to cook but dreading the time, effort, and all the clean up needed to just cook for one. It can honestly be a quick, easy, and enjoyable process!
Keep these tips in mind when using recipes and instructions from the Feed Yourself Series (and anytime you are cooking!):
– Be Creative! Feed Yourself is a foundation and is meant to be personalized.
– Use the internet! Google, Yahoo, Bing, whatever you like. Use the internet, especially if you want to make something new or tweak a recipe. Look it up if you are unsure. Family and friends are also a great reference.
– Have fun with it! Cook your meal and take your time plating it. The eyes eat first.
– Use your kitchen utensils wisely to help decrease clean up, for example: saute all foods in one frying pan (if food is fully cooked, cross-contamination is not a concern) or use one cup for all measurements.
– Think ahead; think of your upcoming meal. How can you use today’s dinner either partially or fully as tomorrow’s lunch? Think about what you can freeze and store versus what will spoil soon.
ps. Click the “Feed Yourself” tag to see the rest of the posts in the series.