The Feed Yourself series is dedicated to individuals that cook just for their selves. This goes out to everyone that finds them self wanting to cook but dreading the time, effort, and all the clean up needed to just cook for one. It can honestly be a quick, easy, and enjoyable process!
Chicken breast is a staple for cooking for one and on the go. It can be easily stored in single servings (half a chicken breast is a good serving size for one meal). It can be stored individually raw or cooked.
To freeze raw:
– Place half chicken breast in freezer safe resealable bag
– Place in freezer until ready to use
To prepare chicken breast:
– Allow a chicken breast to thaw half way either in the fridge, microwave, or in cold running water.
– IF you are going to slice or dice it; do so now. It is easier to cut when slightly frozen.
– IF you are using it whole, then now it a good time to pound it (for faster and even cooking). To do so, lay a piece of plastic wrap down, place chicken over it, and wrap plastic wrap over it. Use the bottom of a glass cup and pound enough to flatten a little. Alternatively, may also cut breast in half the long way (so it’s thinner).
– NOW, season however you like (refer to previous post, Feed Yourself – Seasoning Mixes for ideas) and you can grill, bake, or saute the chicken breast (will be covered in next post).
– THINK AHEAD, cook in batches and store in resealable freezer bags in single servings.