Latest Diet Craze – CICODecember 4, 2017
Flavoring WaterDecember 13, 2017
Roasted Lamb fam! YES. As an Arab lamb is an integral part of our diet, more than the other red meats. We still use beef but lamb is definitely higher up on the totem pole. Lamb can be prepared many ways but a roasted lamb is your fail safe approach to lamb. A lamb can be roasted whole (literally the WHOLE lamb, head and all!) but that’s usually for big occasions. Often times my mom would roast a lamb shoulder or leg for small dinner parties at home. Nowadays we tend to stick to just roasting lamb pieces, at least I do.
It’s easy, it’s minimal work, and it’s delicious. Also your home will smell delicious!
Alright on to it. This makes 3-4 servings depending on how much meat you like to eat. I recently made 2 pounds for my husband, niece, and I and it was just right for two meals.
*This recipe tastes best if you allow the lamb to marinate for a few hours up to over night. I always just prep it the night before and throw in the fridge. *
- 1 pound thawed lamb, cut into small pieces (roughly 2″ cubes)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste (try 1/4 teaspoon)
- Pepper to taste (try 1/4 teaspoon if you using a mixed seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon if not)
- Mixed seasoning (optional, if you have one that you use on meats, 1/4 teaspoon)
- Night before prepare lamb and marinade, if you have a food processor or blender toss all of the ingredients (minus the lamb) into it and blend it
- If you do not have a blender/food processor then mince onion and garlic as small as possible and mix all together
- Toss lamb in marinade and leave covered overnight in fridge
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350F
- Cover lamb tightly with aluminum foil
- Place lamb in oven and set timer for 1 hour; check on lamb after an hour and make sure it is not dry. If there is no liquid add a small amount of water (about 1/3 cup).
- Check on liquid level every half hour
- Allow to cook for a total of 2 hours, if the lamb pieces are bigger it may need some extra time cooking. Check for tenderness by sampling!
Let me know if you try it! Also, to give it an added umph toast blanched almonds and pine nuts to sprinkle on top.