Flavoring WaterDecember 13, 2017
RECIPE: Mashed Potatoes with Green OnionsDecember 23, 2017
I was introduced to Mexican Alfredo a few years ago and I keep making it. I will go a few months forgetting about it and then when I make it I wonder how I could have forgotten about it in the first place!
It’s an Italian Alfredo dish with a Mexican twist. Pure genius. I first learned about it on Taste of Home. But recently I’ve made a few tweaks to make it more nutrient dense!
Ok then, on to it.
The recipe makes 4 servings.
- 8 ounces pasta (I used POW Pasta this last time)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1/2 pouch fajita seasoning
- 1 pound shrimp or chicken (optional)
- 2/3 of a 15 oz jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup salsa
- 1-2 handfuls of cheese to top it
- Prepare pasta according to instructions on box
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat and add onions, sauté until translucent (~5 minutes)
- Add shrimp or chicken, and cook for 3-4 minutes or 7-9 minutes respectively; stir frequently while cooking
- Add Alfredo sauce, milk, and salsa
- Allow to come to a boil and remove from heat
- Put in oven safe bakeware, too with shredded cheese, and bake for 15 minutes.