[RECIPE] Savory Oatmeal with Pine Nuts and AvocadosJanuary 27, 2018
[RECIPE] Easy Rice with Mixed VeggiesFebruary 9, 2018
Alright guys – this one can be as easy or as involved as you’d like. It is essentially three ingredients: (1) veggies, (2) noodles, and (3) sauce. All three of these ingredients can be purchased in a ready to use fashion or they can be prepared at home. When I am moving quickly, I like to use frozen veggies and cooked noodles but prefer to make the sauce myself. There is very little to nothing added to the frozen veggies and cooked noodles but a pre-made sauce will have a lot more additives.
Check it below. This recipe makes four servings.
- Homemade sauce:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger (ground of fresh)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2.5 tablespoons vinegar
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Bag of stir fry veggies, 16 oz (try to choose just the veggies – no sauce or seasonings)
- Packet of precooked soba noodles, 7-8 oz (they tend to come in a 14.2 oz package with two vacuum sealed packets; may also use other types of precooked noodles)
- Prepare sauce in bowl and set aside
- Prepare vegetables according to package instructions (stove top is best, but it will take longer to cook than minutes stated on package)
- Add in precooked noodles and sauce
- Stir in sauce and allow to simmer (gentle boil on low heat) for 3-5 minutes
- Serve with a source of protein & enjoy!
– Dua 🙂
PS. Can also add precooked protein into the recipe (by preparing chicken, steak, or shrimp prior to the vegetables or buying it precooked). If you are adding precooked protein, add in Step 3.
PPS. Sauce recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen Easy Stir Fry Sauce.